Associate Architect - Mobility
October 2011 - present
- Road map and drive company's open source efforts across different teams
- Provide architecture/technical advice to bring de-railed projects back into timeline
- Manage web/mobile application projects - architecture, code review, delivery, client interaction
- Estimate web/mobile application development timelines
Java developer on contract
June 2010-May 2011
Responsibilities/accomplishments, EAI team, Telekom Malaysia
Responsibilities/accomplishments, Software architecture, Korea Telekom SDP project
- Harvest the Telekom Malaysia HSBB project's EAI application as an Accenture ISC Kuala Lumpur asset
- Maintain and extend the custom code built for the Spring Batch based EAI batches
- Manage and oversee application deployments to the different development/production environments
- Solve technical issues arising in any test/production environment.
- Develope small web applications used as dashboards to display application configurations
- Maintain monitoring/log viewer application for TM EAI
- Automate various parts of the development process including daily deployments to System Test environments and automated configuration backup/restore
- Provide advice on application architecture
- Rapid development of required code components from process flow diagrams
- Rapid development of ORM layer via SQL generation using custom built scripts
- Provide rudimentary build and testing mechanisms
- Bug fixing during system test
- Pair programming with different team members to facilitate rapid fixes
- Code review
C# and .Net Instructor
April 2010-May 2010
REACH is an institute for women under the Women Development Corporation, Govt of Kerala. Taught a course with the following content: ASP.net programming using C# 2008, version control using Mercurial and unit testing using NUnit.
Junior Research engineer
April 2009-May 2009
Assisted Prof. C V Jawahar with his research in Malayalam language OCR by writing in new experiments and automating existing experiments and tests. Skill set used: Bash scripting, C/C++ on GNU/Linux and python.
Envestnet Asset Management
Software Engineer (C# and VB.Net)
December 2007 - March 2009
Envestnet Asset Management, Inc. is a privately owned investment manager operating in USA.
Responsibilities/accomplishments, UMPI team :
- Worked on major architectural changes in the platform's reporting
- Daily maintenance tasks such as enhancements, bug fixing as well as writing tools for automating daily tasks and for diagnostic purposes
- Streamlined the build and deploy cycle (to cut the build time by as much as an hour) as well as introduced continuous integration to monitor build breakages.
- Support in solving technical issues arising in any test/production environment.
- Write tools/test harnesses for generating performance metrics and for code generation
InDSP Audio Technologies
Jan 2007 - September 2007
InDSP Audio Technologies provides high end DSP, embedded and hardware solutions for International sound companies. Involved in developing the companies next gen audio platform, codenamed project Unity. It uses Mozilla XPCOM to build a scriptable, component based framework on which applications specific to the Unity hardware can be built.
- Conceive and develop architectural component for codename Unity.
- Build and test codename Unity on Windows, Mac OS-X and GNU/Linux
Palnar Transmedia Pvt. Ltd
September 2005 - Jan 2007
Palnar Transmedia Pvt. Ltd. developes software products exclusively for the European and American markets and operates from offices in US, Germany and India.
- 2005 Sept - June 2006: Life Cycle Centre. (For Next Gmbh, Germany) A Windows program to efficiently manage the lifecycle of workstations in a network. Using Microsoft .Net framework 1.1 (VB.Net and C#.net) and C++. Role: Developer.
- 2006 July - 2006 August: Image uploader ActiveX Control (For Pixum AG, Germany) An ActiveX control to be used inside a web browser so that clients can upload images to the company's website. Programmed using Microsoft VC++, MFC. Role: Developer
- Sept 2006 - Jan 2007: Pix It Album creation software (for Pix It) A program to create a photo album and save it as PDF to be printed out later. It was programmed using wxWidgets 2.6 C++ GUI toolkit. Role: Developer, Team lead.
- Additional responsibilities involved estimation of time required to complete different projects, and overseeing the administration of company network.
Geojit Infofin Ltd
January 2005 - August 2005
Geojit Infofin Technologies was initially just the information technology wing of Geojit Financial Services Ltd , Cochin. It was later registered as a company and concentrates on satisfying the IT needs of Geojit Financial Services.
- Additional responsibilities involved managing the web server that served the ASP.Net pages.